Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Radio update

So I finished off sending CDs to all of the stations across Canada that seemed compatible with our album, and have now started in on the United States. If a station plays folk/roots, world and jazz -- all three of these -- then I'll send them a CD.

Still using the Indie Bible for radio station lists, and following up on other avenues as they appear. One such avenue:
  • Tracking information provided by music promotion services like Crossover Media
I came across this while searching for stations featuring world music, which led to Crossover's project page about The Melody of Rhythm, a collaboration among Bela Fleck, Edgar Meyer and Zakir Hussain. To know which stations are enjoying this album this week is great.

Along the way I've been compiling a bunch of particular radio shows and stations that I'm going to listen to more frequently, and I'll post them here once I have a few more.

No comments:

Post a Comment